Macbook Pro Retina bad keyboard?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CJSPMAC, Aug 17, 2012.

1. CJSPMAC macrumors newbie

My macbook pro retina F2 key makes a squeaking sound!?

Hello All,

My brand new Macbook Pro Retina's F2 key makes an awful squeaking sound when i press it.... The sound got even worse when the macbook ran hot and i had to presse the key for multiple times....... Now it seems like even my F3 key is slowly dying when my macbook is under stress and i am pressing it.
    I looks like you can not use the F keys when your macbook is really warm cause i speeds up the life span of the keys insanely.:(

Does anyone else have this problem? Its really bothering cause its a brand new computer..... I called apple and they told me to go to a service centre :-( but i need this machine for my work and a service centre takes the minimum of 10 work days to repair it......... :mad:

What can i do....

Kind Regards Cor.

2. Puevlo macrumors 6502a

This is definitely not how it should be. Take it back to where you got it from and demand a replacement.

3. CJSPMAC thread starter macrumors newbie

@Peuvlo, thanx i went to the Apple store friday and the repaired it with a whole new top case. I got a call yesterday evening that it was repaired. I am gonna pick it up later today so hopefully they fixed it good.

I wonder what they really did cause the battery is glued to the topcase... so do i also have a new battery now? did they swap the motherboard and took out the fans just to install everything again in the new topcase?

I sure hope the did a good job cause i have bad experiences with other companies repairing laptops.... leaving away screws making scratches etc.....

Anyways i am gonna pick it up after work and we will see....

4. vet macrumors newbie

My rMBP left shift key is squeaky too! Went in to the Apple store and they ordered a whole new top case w/ battery, just like they did for you. I'm dropping it off tomorrow and hopefully it'll solve this embarrassing issue.

How did it work out for you?

5. CJSPMAC thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Vet,

They repaired my rMpb same as you said in yout post. They replaced the complete top case including battery. Now i have lovely sounding keys again :D

Cheers