Macbook pro retina bass "shaking" computer?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sgrcts, Jul 18, 2012.

1. sgrcts macrumors newbie

Hey all- I just got the MBP Retina, and while its display is pretty much blowing my mind, when my hand is on the trackpad and music is playing, you can literally feel the bass. I never experienced that on any of my many other MBP's. Anyone else get annoyed by this and eventually get used to it?

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

3. hiohokaybye macrumors regular

The bass on the new rMBP is definitely punchier and tighter. I personally love it, but I'm also a basswhore. But nothing like shaking the way you described it (but I also have a huge subwoofer under my desk and I blast that all day). If it starts shaking, you shoudl probably turn it down lol

4. sgrcts thread starter macrumors newbie

I shouldn't say shaking

I just mean you can literally feel the bass. Its just a weird sensation- almost like the case is too thin and the bass is transferring through it.

5. gentlefury macrumors 68030

can't say I've ever heard of anyone saying a laptop had too much bass. that is a good complaint to have!

6. Fortimir macrumors 6502a

Fortimir

Are we talking about the same Macbook Pro Retina model? Bass? What are you talking about?

Maybe we have different definitions of bass. My response to the comment about the MBPr having amazing sounding speakers is as follows: "Yes, the frequencies that are present sound fantastic."

7. sireShonBohn macrumors regular

I think my ears started to bleed before the bass was annoying or even really detectable to my ears over the other sounds. But yeah, the machine did vibrate, because that's what sound is, you know, a vibration.

8. AutoUnion39 macrumors 601

AutoUnion39

I don't know why you would be complaining about it. The lack of bass and the crappy speakers of my old Pro was my biggest complaint. These are so much better

9. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

Listening to Skrillex?

10. -MRB macrumors 6502

Compared with the late 2011 17" MBP, the speakers aren't as good.

11. NZed macrumors 65816

NZed

12. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Reminds me of this:
    Dubstep Class...