Macbook Pro Retina Battery charge

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by marcosscriven, Jun 18, 2012.

1. marcosscriven macrumors regular

Hi all

Does the charge remaining and charge capacity look right to you?

Charge Information:
    Charge Remaining (mAh): 8094
    Fully Charged: No
    Charging: Yes
    Full Charge Capacity (mAh): 8399

Even though the battery indicator says 100%, I notice the 'charge remaining' value is still gradually going up. I've let the system completely discharge once, just to calibrate.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Yes. It is perfectly normal if your battery health (maximum capacity) is more or less than 100%, even when brand new, or if it fluctuates up or down over time. For further details, read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the following link.

This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions:

The built-in batteries in the newer Mac unibody notebooks come pre-calibrated and do not require regular calibration like the removable batteries.

3. lvicini macrumors newbie

Hello,
    Letting a Li-ion battery discharge completely is a bad idea as it shorten the battery lifetime dramatically. A Li-ion battery is behaving very differently than a Ni-MH or a Ni-Cd battery.

Cheers
    Luca

4. Gav2k macrumors G3

Gav2k

It'll read 100% at about 95% of its true full capacity and then trickle up to its true capacity. Itll then discharge down to 95% again whikst on the mains tho itll read 100%. It's the same with its devices tho I think it's 98% for iOS devices.

This does two things.
    1, it keeps the battery in good condition.

2, stops the 'I just unplugged my device and it dropped to x% within minutes' questions.

5. tivoboy macrumors 68030

just noticed this too

I just noticed this too.
    My design capacity says 8460, but current capacity says 8564, but current CHARGE says only 8142.

three cycles on the rMBP. Battery says 100%, wondering why there would be a near 4-5% difference?

6. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Read the CHECKING STATUS AND HEALTH section of the Battery FAQ posted earlier.

7. NutsNGum macrumors 68030

NutsNGum