MacBook Pro Retina Canada

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JohnDoe98, Jun 12, 2012.

1. JohnDoe98 macrumors 68020

Anyone in Canada have their online orders shipped yet? How about picking one of these new machines up in the stores?

My order is still processing and I ordered my RMBP the second the store came online. Also, from calling one store in Toronto, they told me 2-3 weeks before they are available and that this holds for all the Toronto stores. Anyone else with different info for Toronto?

2. webstersp macrumors member

same here in the province of Quebec so I oredered online today and...
    MacBook Pro 15 pouces avec écran Retina
    Hide Configuration Details
    Available: 2 - 3 Weeks
    Delivers 6 Jul - 11 Jul via Expédition standard

Configuration

2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    512GB Flash Storage
    No VGA Adapter

Apple Thunderbolt to Enet Adpt
    KYBD/USER'S GUIDE-CAN
    COUNTRY KIT

3. varsis macrumors regular

Same as you here. Seems all the stores here locally have no clue when they will come. One told me it says it's on a boat...

4. Rudy69 macrumors 6502a

Rudy69

I've been going to the Ottawa store daily...hopefully I should have one by next week (looking for the base model)

5. amoayeri, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

amoayeri macrumors newbie

I order it once the Canada store came online, which was 2-3 hours after all other stores came online, don't know why Canada's store was down that long!.

Destination: Montreal

15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
    Ships: 7- 10 business days
    Delivers 27 Jun - 3 Jul via Expedited Shipping

Configuration
    2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
    16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
    512GB Flash Storage
    No VGA Adapter
    Apple Thunderbolt to Enet Adpt
    KYBD/USER'S GUIDE
    COUNTRY KIT

6. Rudy69 macrumors 6502a

Rudy69

I also had an order...but I canceled it when I saw July... no way I'm waiting that long

7. Durious macrumors 6502

Ordered the same as you... 2 - 3 weeks as well, between July 5-10th... (New Brunswick)....

8. Hidendra macrumors member

ordered mine yesterday 5-10 minutes after Canada store opened @ 5:50'ish pm (AST). Our store was closed for around 2 hours after everyone else

Nova Scotia (though location shouldn't matter much, they're all shipped from the same location)

[​IMG]

oddly, the gift card DID come up as -$100 for me, for everyone else it was not working properly I believe

9. MacRumoren macrumors member

When the store opened yesterday, it was 3-4 days wait. An hour later it became 7-10 business days, 2 hours later it extended to 1-2 weeks, then by midnight it was 2-3 weeks all the way until this afternoon it settled on 3-4 weeks which is when I pulled the trigger, since I can't afford it this month anyway.

Unfortunately the estimated ship date now is July 19th!!!!

10. joshuaginter, Jun 12, 2012
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2012

joshuaginter macrumors regular

The Apple Store in Winnipeg said that they will have display models in tomorrow (Wednesday, June 13) and that they had no idea when they would have models to sell.

I haven't actually ordered as I assumed it would be faster via the store. Apparently I was wrong.

11. Tucker1988 macrumors newbie

I ordered around 6pm EST from the Canadian Store. By then the shipping estimates had slipped to 7-10 days. Says late June or early July for me. I'm hoping a shipping miracle happens and it goes out today and comes in sometime next week, but realistically I don't think the people who say 3-4 or 5-7 business days have had their orders shipped yet.

Bonus though, I get my $100 gift card today. Its out on the truck for delivery. The gift card -$100 didn't work for me (or at least I didn't see it when they processed my order, so I called and they took $100 off the laptop as compensation, which actually saves me $115 since the gift card isn't taxed but the laptop is.

12. JohnDoe98 thread starter macrumors 68020

Canadian orders have begun shipping. My computer just left from Shangai China, estimated delivery: June 20th by 12pm, via Fedex.