MacBook Pro Retina Canada

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Anyone in Canada have their online orders shipped yet? How about picking one of these new machines up in the stores?

My order is still processing and I ordered my RMBP the second the store came online. Also, from calling one store in Toronto, they told me 2-3 weeks before they are available and that this holds for all the Toronto stores. Anyone else with different info for Toronto?

webstersp

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2010
same here in the province of Quebec so I oredered online today and...
MacBook Pro 15 pouces avec écran Retina
Hide Configuration Details
Available: 2 - 3 Weeks
Delivers 6 Jul - 11 Jul via Expédition standard

Configuration

2.6GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage
No VGA Adapter

Apple Thunderbolt to Enet Adpt
KYBD/USER'S GUIDE-CAN
COUNTRY KIT

varsis

macrumors regular
Nov 30, 2005

Configuration

16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage
No VGA Adapter

KYBD/USER'S GUIDE-CAN
COUNTRY KIT
Same as you here. Seems all the stores here locally have no clue when they will come. One told me it says it's on a boat...

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
I've been going to the Ottawa store daily...hopefully I should have one by next week (looking for the base model)

amoayeri

macrumors newbie
Mar 5, 2009
I order it once the Canada store came online, which was 2-3 hours after all other stores came online, don't know why Canada's store was down that long!.

Destination: Montreal

15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
Ships: 7- 10 business days
Delivers 27 Jun - 3 Jul via Expedited Shipping

Configuration
2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage
No VGA Adapter
KYBD/USER'S GUIDE
COUNTRY KIT

Last edited:

Rudy69

macrumors 6502a
Mar 30, 2009
I order it once the Canada store came online, which was 2-3 hours after all other store came online, don't know why Canada's store was down that long!.

15-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
Ships: 7- 10 business days
Delivers 27 Jun - 3 Jul via Expedited Shipping

Configuration
2.7GHz Quad-core Intel Core i7
16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage
No VGA Adapter
KYBD/USER'S GUIDE
COUNTRY KIT
I also had an order...but I canceled it when I saw July... no way I'm waiting that long

Durious

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Ordered the same as you... 2 - 3 weeks as well, between July 5-10th... (New Brunswick)....

Configuration

16GB 1600MHz DDR3L SDRAM
512GB Flash Storage
No VGA Adapter

KYBD/USER'S GUIDE-CAN
COUNTRY KIT

Hidendra

macrumors member
May 19, 2008
ordered mine yesterday 5-10 minutes after Canada store opened @ 5:50'ish pm (AST). Our store was closed for around 2 hours after everyone else

Nova Scotia (though location shouldn't matter much, they're all shipped from the same location)

oddly, the gift card DID come up as -$100 for me, for everyone else it was not working properly I believe

MacRumoren

macrumors member
Jul 20, 2010
Canada
When the store opened yesterday, it was 3-4 days wait. An hour later it became 7-10 business days, 2 hours later it extended to 1-2 weeks, then by midnight it was 2-3 weeks all the way until this afternoon it settled on 3-4 weeks which is when I pulled the trigger, since I can't afford it this month anyway.

Unfortunately the estimated ship date now is July 19th!!!!

joshuaginter

macrumors regular
May 19, 2011
Canada
The Apple Store in Winnipeg said that they will have display models in tomorrow (Wednesday, June 13) and that they had no idea when they would have models to sell.

I haven't actually ordered as I assumed it would be faster via the store. Apparently I was wrong.

Last edited:

Tucker1988

macrumors newbie
Apr 23, 2009
I ordered around 6pm EST from the Canadian Store. By then the shipping estimates had slipped to 7-10 days. Says late June or early July for me. I'm hoping a shipping miracle happens and it goes out today and comes in sometime next week, but realistically I don't think the people who say 3-4 or 5-7 business days have had their orders shipped yet.

Bonus though, I get my $100 gift card today. Its out on the truck for delivery. The gift card -$100 didn't work for me (or at least I didn't see it when they processed my order, so I called and they took $100 off the laptop as compensation, which actually saves me $115 since the gift card isn't taxed but the laptop is.

JohnDoe98

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 1, 2009
Canadian orders have begun shipping. My computer just left from Shangai China, estimated delivery: June 20th by 12pm, via Fedex.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.