MacBook Pro Retina continuously hangs

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by decibel83, Aug 1, 2015.

1. decibel83 macrumors newbie

Hi.
    I own a MacBook Pro (Retina, Mid 2012) (model A1398).

When I work with several different programs (especially browsers with many opened windows and graphic design softwares like Photoshop) it suddenly hangs itself and I cannot do other than shutdown it with the power button, and when I power on it again it works.

When the MacBook hangs it seems that only the monitor freezes (I continue to see the screen but it's frozen), because I can continue to power on and power off the led on the capital case key on the keyboard and it works.

Another example is that yesterday I was using Skype and when the monitor froze I could continue the call with my headsets!

I discovered the MacBook Pro Repair Extension Program for Video Issues (https://www.apple.com/support/macbookpro-videoissues/) and I brought my MacBook to the Apple Store. They made the tests and it passed with no problems, so they where not able to replace my video card!

I phoned to the Apple support and they told me that they cannot do anything and I have to bring my MacBook to the Apple Store again.

Could you help me, please to find out where the problem could be? I cannot continue working like this :(

Thank you very much for your support!
    Bye

2. T5BRICK macrumors G3

T5BRICK

Take your Mac back to the Apple store and describe the problem you're having. Let them look over the computer and diagnose the problem. You most likely need a new logic board, but maybe they'll run the diagnostic for the video issues again and it'll fail.

3. decibel83 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you so much!
    I will do it!
    Bye!