Macbook Pro Retina Display Glitch (Video)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gregintosh, Jul 25, 2013.

1. Gregintosh macrumors 68000

Hey Guys,

There's some sort of glitch on my MBP Retina. Every so often (and increasing in frequency) the display goes hay-wire. Rather than try to explain it, I took a video with my iPhone and uploaded it. Here's the link: https://vimeo.com/71071721

The first 12 seconds is just video, then the next two shots are stills I pulled from iMovie when going frame by frame as the glitch happens to see what was going on.

If anyone knows what's going on I would appreciate it. I am currently abroad and won't be headed home for another 6 weeks so going to the Apple store is not an option for a while, and I want to make sure my computer stays usable while I am here.

BTW, I did try to already format the computer and reinstall the OS from scratch. I also tried to switch graphics cards with one of those programs to see if maybe the dedicated or integrated chips were bad. I forced the computer to stay on one and then the other, and on both cards the same glitch happens.

2. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

Some users faced the glitch, they had their display changed.
    Does it happen frequently and will you be able to demonstrate it to apple?

The apple store will take around 1-3 days to fix it. If there are no apple stores then an AASP should take 4-5 days max. Suggest you take it in, you never know when it may fail and mostly as luck has it it mostly fails when you need it the most:D

3. Gregintosh thread starter macrumors 68000

I'll take it to an Apple store as soon as I get back to the US. I'm sure if we watch the screen a little they'll see it. Any idea what causes it?

4. nickandre21 macrumors 6502a

if i remember it correctly they stated it mostly happened while using wifi, or maybe the cables got pinched from inside the clutch cover.