MacBook Pro Retina Display UPDATE!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Mattgfx, Jun 26, 2012.

1. Mattgfx macrumors newbie

Went to the apple store today and noticed that you can now change the display size by numbers and you can use the native size + larger! no longer THIS weird settings

Can anyone confirm this software update?

2. Mr MM macrumors 65816

Mr MM

its been actually like that since the release

3. goMac macrumors 603

4. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Yeah, this is no update. The rMBP has had the preference since launch. And many are adding downloaded software to control customized resolutions as well.

5. Mattgfx thread starter macrumors newbie

Its been like this

[​IMG]

since release. Im saying that it has changed from the above to now just resolution numbers.

6. jcpb macrumors 6502a

Not seeing any new software updates. Then again, since I'm using RDM and running the MBPR at native res, this hardly matters to me anyhow.

7. Tritons macrumors 6502

And how it looks now, like on eny other Macbook?

8. SiskoKid macrumors 6502

Are you sure you weren't playing with the non-retina MacBook Pros?

9. bryne macrumors member

bryne

Betting on this.

10. lilcorey10 macrumors member

I hope this is true. The option of picking by text size is confusing. Does Apple think 2880 is too big of a number for us to read lol. There should be the option to choose based on the original way

11. VacantPsalm macrumors member

I wonder if there's a trick other than Dling an app to give you the normal resolution setting. Like a terminal command or the hold Cmd+Opt while clicking display thingy.

12. Mattgfx thread starter macrumors newbie

I know for a fact i wasn't. Maybe the computer was running MT. I was in the Greenwich, CT store. Ill try to grab a picture next time I go.

13. bleomycin macrumors newbie

I'm running Mountain Lion DP4 on my rMBP (lion is absolutely unusable on this thing!) with the latest patches and there are no resolution options for me, still text options Best (retina), More Space, etc. Still no option to go native res without third party tools. I would be interested in seeing a picture of what you're describing.

14. Auzburner macrumors 65816

Auzburner

Running updated Lion. I'd love to see a screen cap of that.

15. Mattgfx thread starter macrumors newbie

ill try my best to get one soon for you guys. I was pretty excited when i saw it.

16. NewbieCanada macrumors 68030

I'm still showing "best for Retina" etc., and there are no software updates available.

17. Mattgfx thread starter macrumors newbie

Went to the Apple store in Gran Central yesterday and they didn't have it. Ill head over to greenwich today and see if they still have it. I believe its older software.

18. TheMacBookPro macrumors 68020

TheMacBookPro

When you highlight the blocks with your cursor the 'looks like' resolution appears, like so:

[​IMG]

(my mouse cursor was over the second to last block, OS X's screenshot function seems to remove the cursor from the 'shot but you can see the block is highlighted around the edges)

That's the only place you'll see a resolution actually listed. There's no more traditional list of resolutions to pick from even in ML.