Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ziher

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 2, 2015
Hi, I need Your help guys. After doing battery replace in my MacBook Pro 15'' Retina I probably damage my SSD disc or main board. Here's a problem. When I started Mac after repair, my os X ran normally. Then suddenly collapsed, I had to hard reset. That was the last time I was able to run os X from internal SSD. I ran Mac from external SSD and in disk utility verified Macintosh HD - it said there was some error (I don't remember what exactly it was).

I was able to get access to Macintosh HD via Finder, copied all my files on external storage. After that I erased MacHD, but it never finished just freeze.. I had to reset mac again. From then there is no way to see my internal SSD (Macintosh HD) anymore. In disk utility there is only my external SSD. When I listed disks in terminal it also doesn't recognize internal SSD.

I even tried to format it via Linux Ubutu but no luck…

Please, anyone could help ??

Last edited:

CoastalOR

macrumors 68040
Jan 19, 2015
Oregon, USA
EDIT: Disregard, I missed Retina in the title of the thread which means PCIe flash storage.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.