Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Love4ndpeace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013
Guys, I need a little help here.

These few days, I've been experiencing weird screen artifacts appearing on my macbook screen.

I've took picture with my phone and you can check it on the attached files.

I have been looking for the problem in the google and read about how macbook pro retina 15" early 2013 are experience screen problem and I wonder if i'm experiencing the same problem.

Anyone can help me? will be much appreciated, thanks !

Attachments

• 20150501_065205.jpg
    20150501_065205.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 136

brdeveloper

macrumors 68030
Apr 21, 2010
Brasil
Guys, I need a little help here.

These few days, I've been experiencing weird screen artifacts appearing on my macbook screen.

I've took picture with my phone and you can check it on the attached files.

I have been looking for the problem in the google and read about how macbook pro retina 15" early 2013 are experience screen problem and I wonder if i'm experiencing the same problem.

Anyone can help me? will be much appreciated, thanks !

It can be the Discretegate. Read the following topic:
https://www.macrumors.com/2015/02/19/2011-macbook-pro-repair-program-apple/

Love4ndpeace

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 5, 2013

Yes, I have read about it. But I'm kind of living in secluded area without Apple Service Centre nearby. So I have to know for sure it is the same problem others are experiencing before I bring it to the Apple Service Centre. So far from what I have read, the problem occuring are distorted display and severe image retention and I still haven't seen anyone with similar problem like mine. Thanks for the help though.

Those look like pressure marks on the screen to me. Do you use a keyboard cover?

It has dropped few times, but the last drop was like 4 months ago and the problem only occured recently (like a week or two) so I don't think it is pressure marks. Plus this only occur when I switched it on and leave it overnight. And if I turn it off for several hours the screen will go back to normal and the problem reappears after few hours of working.

Anyone else can help!? Or is there any problem related to my screen or is my graphic card failing? Does running too much heat is causing these?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.