macbook pro retina help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by loneranger76, Aug 27, 2012.

1. loneranger76 macrumors newbie

hey guys i just bought a macbook pro from bestbuy. i was just wondering is there any errors or issues i shud check for within the laptop. im currently running the ghosting/retention test to see how that goes but besides that are there any other known problems with this computer?

and also should i adjust the screen settings in the computer? i dont kno how this all works im using a mac for the first time. please help.

2. playsontheleft macrumors regular

Since you've not mentioned it I guess the rumoured "lag" isn't affecting you, and if you have no ghosting, then you've pretty much got a perfect rMBP. Check that the screen is uniform and not tinted, too.

Yes, you can adjust the screen settings to your needs. You can do so under System Preferences > Displays. If you don't know what you're doing, though, I don't recommend you mess with the colour settings.

3. Orlandoech macrumors 68040

Orlandoech

Congrats on the new Mac.

I advise you to do what PLAYSONTHELEFT said.

4. loneranger76 thread starter macrumors newbie

what is this "lag" effect?

also what do u mean by uniform? like is the brightness equal throughout the screen? i dont understand please explain.

5. playsontheleft macrumors regular

Some people say that they've experienced the animations in OS X seeming slow, but it's not an issue for the majority and if you've not seen it on your machine then you don't need to worry about it.

Check that the brightness throughout the screen is equal, that certain parts aren't coloured slightly differently, and that you don't have any 'light bleed'. Chances are that if you don't notice the light bleed quickly, it's not there.