Macbook Pro Retina Image Retention?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by markkr, Dec 28, 2012.

1. markkr macrumors newbie

markkr

I just ordered a customized Macbook Pro Retina from the Apple Store and was wondering on what I should do if I end up with a LG display? Seeing as everyone is saying that the LG display is prone to "ghosting" and whatever else, could I take it to my local apple store and ask them to replace it with a Samsung one?

2. lightz39 macrumors regular

Use it, enjoy it, lick it. If 3 months down the road it starts ghosting take it in. If they can replicate it they will replace it.

3. noiseordinance macrumors regular

Mine had IR after one minute wait, fresh out of the box. I wouldn't settle for that "wait 3 months" business if it does it right out of box.

4. markkr thread starter macrumors newbie

markkr

So, how'd you end up fixing the issue? Did you go to your local apple store and ask them to replace the screen with the Samsung one or?

5. noiseordinance macrumors regular

I bought mine through the online store. The Apple Store wanted to keep the laptop for a week to replace the screen but I'm in school and cannot part with it for a week, so they sent me an advance replacement. If it's doing IR out of the box like mine did, I'd schedule an appointment with a genius, and while you're waiting, set your background as light grey and just leave a website up or whatever. Then minimize it when they ask what's wrong and show them the problem. It's not acceptable for the price.

People are saying not all LG's have IR, but I call BS. I find it hard to believe that "only a batch" of screens have the problem, and somehow this batch is still being distributed. Anyways, good luck.

6. lightz39 macrumors regular

That is highly possible its just a batch. You never know. The only people that post here are the ones that have the issue. The generic user doesn't have a clue this site exists.

7. markkr thread starter macrumors newbie

markkr

Thanks! I have never been more happy to see the words LSN before. No problems with image retention here