MacBook Pro retina late 2013 bottom case foot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mattburley7, Sep 4, 2014.

1. mattburley7, Sep 4, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2014

mattburley7 macrumors 68030

on my macbook pro retina late 2013 model one of the rubber feet on the bottom case feel off.. i talked to applecare and they do not have the Bottom case foot replacement kit for this model :( i would have to bring it in to apple for a repair for just one foot.. has anyone had any luck finding the rubber feet for this model?

2. mattburley7 thread starter macrumors 68030

i do have some feet from my old macbook pro, i had to get the kit because feet would fall of my previous laptop and they seem to be smaller then what is on my retina macbook pro so not sure those will work :confused:

3. theycallmetc macrumors newbie

Re: Macbook Pro retina late 2013 bottom case foot

I had the exact same problem, 2012 rMBP owner here.

The reason they don't have the kit is because it seems in general they don't have the rubber feet by themselves like they used to with the other Macbooks. With the retinas, at least the 15 inch models, what they do is replace the entire bottom plate and write the serial number on the inside with a marker (since you're getting a plate without a serial number).

From what I saw, they aren't the same as the feet used on the cMBP, because the lady at the store tried that first IIRC. They had to overnight a whole bottom plate, which seems to be standard procedure.

After that it takes less than 15 minutes to install with a Genius appointment.