MacBook Pro Retina Late 2013 Pink Bars and Distorted

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by theWu, Mar 8, 2015.

1. theWu macrumors newbie

My MacBook has recently turned up with 8 pink bars and distortion, I've done some research and it sounds like something's wrong with the logic board?

My apple care is over now so I want to avoid paying the hefty Apple Store charges if possible. Any suggestions?

See attachment for a picture.

Attached Files:

2. Jeff R macrumors 6502

Jeff R

3. webs1 macrumors member

Just curious, why is your Apple Care over? If it's a late 2013 model, and assuming you got it in late 2013, Apple Care would extend to late 2016.

4. theWu thread starter macrumors newbie

Misspoke, I meant the one year warranty.

5. Queen6, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015

Queen6 macrumors 603

Queen6

Welcome to Apple and their tragic implementation of the dGPU....

Take it back to Apple, and have them check it out, you may get lucky with a benevolent Genius given the latest warranty extension for Early 2011 - Early 2013 MBP`s with dGPU. Time to join the queue for all the wrong reasons.

The MBP with dGPU is a "buyer beware product"; if you need the dGPU for work purpose etc. then it makes sense as the cost of the machine will be rapidly recovered. If you don't need the dGPU avoid it, as there is a good chance it will fail after 2-3 years of use.

Q-6

6. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

If...

you are in the EU that'll be covered under EU lae for 2 years if in the UK they should cover it up to 5 years...