MacBook Pro Retina: Marks/shadows BEHIND screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sam302, Apr 27, 2019.

1. sam302, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019

sam302 macrumors newbie

Im' 59 years old & NEW to forums... I'm not quite "In the know" regarding how to participate. ALL constructive criticism is very welcomed- even sarcastic remarks!!!

PROBLEM: I purchased a NEW MacPro Retina display laptop, in 2015. I use it as needed and have not put a lot of hours on it. Nevertheless, I just notice damage to my screen: It shows shadows, of markings, throughout the screen, that is, from BEHIND the screen

Look at the icons, on the screen... Yahoo, TDbank, eBay, Craigslist, etc. In person, these icons look like clear "DECALS" on the screen, with the markings BEHIND them! The computer has NEVER gotten wet!

The computer is "out of warranty", so I'm on my own. I'm kinda good at repairing things. So i'm gonna try to replace the screen- glass?plastic only, not the assembly.

I welcome ALL Words of Wisdom and now looking, for a vendor, to purchase the part(s). Please forward ANY possibly helpful information to me. I am anxious to get the repair done correctly and w/
    success. IMPORTANTLY, I will try to help others w/all learned from my experience!

THANK YOU for your understanding AND wish me LUCK!!!
    signed,
    sam302

QUESTION of the DAY:
    Is it a good idea to offer my e-mail OR phone number on forums?

Attached Files:

2. MacDawg macrumors Core

MacDawg

Welcome to the Forums!

Pro Tips:

1. Nope, don't give out personal information like phone numbers or email addresses

2. Make your thread title more descriptive of your problem so as to attract more people who can genuinely help

3. Make a back up of all your data before you start anything

4. Eat more veggies and drink plenty of water

3. BasicGreatGuy, Apr 27, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 27, 2019

BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy

I think you may be describing the delamination defect. Look at the video about 1:00 in. If that is the problem, it is best repaired by Apple or an authorized repair center, in my opinion. Apple did have an extended warranty program (free repair) for this specific defect. I am not sure if they still do.

4. sam302 thread starter macrumors newbie

THANK YOU for your response!
    There is no delamination... delamination shows on the outside of the screen. My issue is behind the screen.

Again, THANK YOU!!
    --- Post Merged, Apr 27, 2019 ---

HEY!! THANK YOU for the info!! At this point, I may have a beer in place of the water!!
    THANKS AGAIN!!!

5. BasicGreatGuy Contributor

BasicGreatGuy