Resolved MacBook Pro Retina (Mid-2014) Specified Sleep Settings

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by CheesePuff, Dec 11, 2014.

1. CheesePuff, Dec 11, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

CheesePuff macrumors 6502

During setup of my mid-2014 MacBook Pro Retina 15-inch running Yosemite 10.10.1, I see in Energy Saver preferences there is no longer a separate slider for computer sleep vs display sleep.

Does the computer sleep setting use the same value as the display sleep now? Since there is no more LED sleep indicator I also don't know when this falls into sleep, except judging by when I hit a key and see my VPN connection dropped I know it hit sleep. Couldn't find anything on Apple's site about this either.

2. CheesePuff, Dec 12, 2014
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2014

CheesePuff thread starter macrumors 6502

Just an FYI what I have been able to find out is that on these new Power Nap enabled MacBooks is that the display sleep is the same for the computer sleep. If it's plugged in to power, it will still check mail, etc. and since wake from sleep is so much more improved on these, it feels like you're just waking the monitor.

Edit: I was wrong, if your Energy Saver preference pane only shows Display Sleep slider it is not the same as putting the machine to sleep. See: http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202824