Macbook Pro retina Model A1502 keyboard covers?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by kngiraffe, Jul 25, 2015.

1. kngiraffe macrumors member

kngiraffe

Is there anywhere that I could customize my own keyboard cover? Like is there a website?

2. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

Keyboard covers aren't recommended given the lack of space between the screen and keyboard.

3. kngiraffe thread starter macrumors member

kngiraffe

well, i wouldn't leave it on the keyboard when it's closed. i just was wondering if there was some place that i could make my own by putting the picture/design of my choosing on it.

4. TheIguana macrumors 6502a

TheIguana

I have never ordered one before but there is a company called KB Covers them. Might be worth a look, The WireCutter reviewed them a year back and seemed to like them. Moshi sells them as clear models but it doesn't appear that they come in anything other than clear.

As was mentioned previously, Apple's official docs encourage users to refrain from using them. This is a result of the Retina Macs having reduced distance between the display and the keyboard and the elimination of the extra glass cover on these models versus older MacBook Pros.

5. kngiraffe thread starter macrumors member

kngiraffe

I'll definitely have to check them out! I just got a blue/aqua color case/shell from Moshi. i've had it since Tuesday and I like it. Dang, I was hoping someone knew of some website that allowed you to make your own. the ones on amazon haven't really floated my boat /:

I'm not gonna leave it on when I have it closed. it's just so I don't wear away the writing or get dust under the keys whenever i'm using it.