MacBook Pro Retina Rubber Feet Apple Care

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by graham86, Nov 18, 2016.

1. graham86 macrumors member

Has anyone managed to have the rubber feet on a Retina MacBook Pro replaced under Apple Care?

The Genius Bar is quoting me £100 + VAT as they need to replace the whole bottom panel due to the way the feet are attached.

Most of it's time it's sitting on a Twelve South HiRise so not like it's feet are under much stress.

2. Matthew.H macrumors 6502

Matthew.H

3. graham86 thread starter macrumors member

One of them has come off, I except that from a Dell not something that costs £2,000

4. 0x100 macrumors regular

0x100

5. graham86 thread starter macrumors member

Yes or Apple can fix something that shouldn't have happened the reason for asking if Apple Care covers it, Apple chat says it does Genius person I spoke with said it doesn't

6. ocgirl macrumors regular

ocgirl

I think this would be seen as component wear (unless your laptop is brand spanking new).
    I found on amazon a set of 4 rubber feet for like 10 bucks when i decided to sell my old 2011 mpb. Didn't see a difference wit the "real ones"...

7. therealseebs macrumors 65816

therealseebs

So, just for contrast, we've at least once had Apple spontaneously replace feet on a laptop that was in for something else.

I have no idea at all what the official answer is, or whether there even is one. I would certainly expect them to be covered, though.

8. kwandrews macrumors 6502

My wife's old 2010 13" MBP lost all if it's feet over time. I'd pop open the case and put them back. Just gave up after a while. My old 2012 13" MBA never had that issue. Not sure why it happens.

9. shareef777 macrumors 68000

shareef777

I had my 2012 bottom panel replaced under AppleCare. The tech did state that it's not covered, but did it as a courtesy. He made a big deal about the replacement panel not having my MBP's serial number on it.