Macbook Pro (Retina) Screen Wobble After Repair

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by anatolie, Feb 3, 2013.

1. anatolie macrumors member

I took my 15" Macbook Pro Retina into the Apple store today to get it repaired because it was creaking a ton when I was typing (the bottom was loose) and the screen was creaking when I moved it. The creaking on the bottom seemed to be fixed but now the screen wobbles a ton, I was wondering if this is normal? It wasn't doing it before (the screen never wobbled, and stayed in place perfectly) and it gets annoying, thinking about taking it back to Apple to get those hinges tightened again.. :confused: Anyone else having this issue?

Was going to take it back today again but no appointment slots available for today anymore..

Video: http://youtu.be/EmI0TzTFui0

2. A Hebrew macrumors 6502a

A Hebrew

The screen or the whole piece? Probably shouldn't happen either way.

Edit: Saw the video, I would take it back and say how it started once you took it in for repair.

3. anatolie thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the reply, I'll try to take it in tomorrow to get it fixed, this shouldn't be happening to a $2500 computer!

4. ventmore macrumors 6502

Is that really not right!? Mine does that, and so do the machines I tried it with in store.

5. swerve147 macrumors 6502a

swerve147

Same here. The two refurbs I bought did. My sister's new MBP does. All the ones in the 2 Apple Stores I visited do this as well.

You can probably tell I've been down this path already. Even had a Genius at the store "tighten" my hinge for me and it still does what it does in this video.

Some people may claim otherwise, but they are outliers.

6. gmikesell macrumors regular

Mine does this wobble action, too. However, seems to be more about flex in the display assembly than in the hinge, to me.