Macbook Pro Retina Screw fell off after 3 days?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Blue604, Jul 14, 2012.

1. Blue604, Jul 14, 2012
    Last edited: Jul 14, 2012

Blue604 macrumors regular

Finally got my 16GB 500GB Macbook Pro Retina. Used it for two days and noticed 1 red dead pixel. Called Apple and they will ship me another one thru priority.

This morning I also noticed there was a screw between my Macbook and the desk. It belongs to one of the hole under the macbook.:eek::eek: It scratched the bottom of the macbook a bit (around the missing hole). I tried to screw it back using + shape screwdriver, since I don't have pentelop one.

I wonder if it wasn't screwed on properly during manufacturing, or the drilled hole is bigger? This is only the 3rd day i am using this.

Anyhow this one is going back while i am waiting for the replacement due to dead pixel.

But I am very happy with Macbook Pro Retina. Coming from 2009 13" Macbook Pro, this is a huge jump!

PS: how do I erase my data securely before shipping this one back? I have used migration assistant to migrate my old data to this one.

2. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

I am in the same boat as you, minus the screw issue, but I have 3 red pixels and 1 white pixel that I just noticed last night when watching a movie. Not sure how long they have been there.

Went to Apple Store today, they confirmed the pixel issue, documented it, and I called Apple (ordered BTO online) and started the replacement process.

Hopefully I don't have to wait too long for a new one!

3. Blue604 thread starter macrumors regular

Deal pixel should be there since day 1. Mine is 16gb, so they said they will try to prioritize my order. I waited for 3 weeks for mine before.

4. EatMyApple macrumors 6502

Yea thats what I figured but I swear I checked for dead pixels on Day 1 with different color screens and nothing! Oh well - they def here now!

I have a 2.7/16/512 and was told I would be prioritized also after waiting right around 3-4 weeks also.

Guess there will be at least two rMBPs hitting the refurb store soon!

5. darwinian macrumors 6502a

darwinian

I also caught a screw falling out! This was AFTER the Apple store person had tightened them for me to fix creaking (it worked). Second trip to the Apple store, and I'm going to have to buy a pentalobe screwdriver if it happens again. Did you happen to notice if there was any loctite on the end of the threads of that screw?

6. Blue604 thread starter macrumors regular

no. i heard there was something rubbing the bottom of macbook, and i saw a screw there.

That's why the bottom was scratched by the screw a bit.