MacBook Pro Retina with Touchbar 2016 Using SWAP Disk

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ernie599, Nov 20, 2016.

1. ernie599 macrumors newbie

Has anyone noticed the new MacBook Pro 2016 using more Swap Disk usage? I am not even running anything just syncing my iCloud and its using swap disk. I also tried to copy from external new Lacie 2TB Drive and its using swap memory.

[​IMG]

I have even run sudo purge and reboot the machine and still the same issue.

2. chabig macrumors 601

Twenty-three megabytes is nothing. Your computer looks awesome.

3. DeltaMac macrumors G3

DeltaMac

How long have you had your new MBPro?
    If less than 4 or 5 days, this is completely normal, as the various caches and the spotlight database are still being built.
    note the mds_stores process near the top of the list, which is part of the spotlight process. Be patient, reset PRAM a couple of times, reboot, and you will still be fine.
    Finally, nothing wrong with minor swap in use, as long as the memory pressure remains low like yours.
    As chabig mentioned, 23 MB is tiny - a proverbial drop in the bucket, and indicates nothing to be concerned about.

Finally, virtually any swap activity is absorbed by your very-fast SSD, and is unlikely that you would ever notice anything that affects performance in any way, particularly with that small amount of swap activity.

4. ernie599 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the update, it got as high as 855mb, I have had it for 3 days and running the sync the entire time. I will wait until tonight to do the PRAM but I guess your right.