Macbook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iMacBookPro, Jun 20, 2012.

1. iMacBookPro macrumors member

iMacBookPro

Why get the Macbook Pro Retina? How is the retina display better than the normal screen? Would you recommend it? :apple:

2. arbitrage macrumors 6502a

Personally, I'm getting the retina because it gives me the 15" screen which I've previously shied away from in the smallest form factor. The actual retina aspect of the display isn't what made me purchase it. I would have rather had a 15"Air in the tapering form factor of the 11 and 13 Airs even if the specs would have been less than what is in the pro. However, I decided to use the RetinaMBP as my main desktop computer hooked up to my 27" iMac as a display as this new Pro is more powerful than my late 2009 iMac.

If it is only the display that is going to make you purchase the retina then I would think hard about it as right now the internet and apps aren't ready for this display. This may change very quickly or it may take a lot of time. I think I'd be happy with the current hi-res option on the 15"Pro if I could have that screen on a 15"Air.

The retina display will improve 100% viewing of photos (which is my main use for my home computer), so I am happy about that. Also video editing seems improved as you can have a native 1080P preview window and still tonnes of other real-estate on the screen.

3. whtrbt7 macrumors 6502a

Why drink Coca-cola? Is fizzy sugar water better than regular water? Would you recommend it?

1. Because it's a choice I make to drink it. I don't need it but I want it.
    2. It's not better, it's just different. It's a preference thing.
    3. Sure I would recommend it. It's a great product.

:D:apple:

4. doh123 macrumors 65816

beside the higher sRGB gamut for better representation of colors... and the better viewing angles...

it has 4X the pixels on the screen as the standard 1440x900 screen. So when its running the normal scaled 1440x900 look, things made to use those extra pixels will look MUCH better.

For example, look at this text in this picture. Left is a Macbook Pro 1440x900 screen. Right is a Macbook Pro with a Retina 2880x1800 screen in the scaled 1440x900 mode.