Macbook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Charlaux, Mar 20, 2013.

1. Charlaux macrumors member

The MPr that I bought this July is definetely what I love;the design,the quick opening times makes definetely the time pleasurable but I have few questions.

1)The time that an incident happened ( flood in my dorm room ) forced me to go to a genius.The genius checked the water sensors and also checked if it runs smoothly,and he said my computer had no problem and running perfectly fine.And he said a the check can be reviewed later If I go to do some check again.Is it correct ?

2)Also while playing Sims 3,the computer starts to get annoyingly warmed,and It is like there is a tiger inside.Anybody experiencing this ?

3)Another problem that I am facing is the mouse clicks,sometimes especially on the left side It doesn't respond somehow.Same goes with caps lock,i have to press hard from time to time.

4) And the internet,while the other computer computers work perfectly fine,It is my computer that has the worst loading capacity.

5)They said there is no special retina cleaner,is this correct also ?

Anybody experiencing that kind of problems,It is my 8th month and I just want a healthy mac for years.There is no other problem that really bothers me but If you share your experience about your computer at this point I would be really glad.

2. chrise2 macrumors 6502

1. Bummer.
    2. This is normal. When the CPU gets used a lot (like playing games), it gets warm.
    3. Could be water damage from your flood. You can take it to Apple to look at it. May need to replace the keyboard and track pad or something.
    4. People have complained about WiFi performance. Apple released some patches, but some people (like me) still have problems. I only have problems at home while connecting to my 5 GHz network. So, I only connect to my 2.4 GHz network and its fine.
    5. Its just glass. Use the microfiber cloth that came with it to wipe down the screen. Don't use glass cleaner or anything like that though.

3. Charlaux thread starter macrumors member

Hi, chrise2,
    I dont think that should be a water damage since I explained the issue clearly there as university was supposed to pay the damages and only the case was a bit wet which was the reason I checked it.Do you know If retail stores would help me since I live in Turkey and there is no actual store with no geniuses.I must say that happened lately (started about a month ago or so )

4. adjeff8 macrumors 6502

adjeff8

I've been to Turkey. Excellent food

5. Squilly macrumors 68020

Squilly

This is 100% false. When I went to the Apple store this weekend, I saw someone get ASKED by an Apple associate if they wanted their Mac cleaned.