Macbook Pro Retina

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Mcscotty, May 12, 2013.

1. Mcscotty macrumors newbie

I've had my Macbook since Christmas and I use it for email, web browsing, Skype, music and photos. That's pretty much it. I've had a look around and have no idea what the other applications etc are for.

Is there a good guide book or magazine that's worth getting to help me get the most out of it?

2. SMDBill macrumors 6502

Open them up and have a look around. They are like Windows standard apps, some of them quite good. But most people add more software to their Mac based on their needs, just like in Windows. Open up the App Store and there are hundreds of thousands of apps for anything you could need to do or want to do.

3. simsaladimbamba

There is the Missing Manual series, like this one.

To learn more about Mac OS X: Helpful Information for Any Mac User by GGJstudios

As for your general question, maybe be more specific.

To edit your thread title to a descriptive one, to get a knowledgable audience and help making the thread easier to find for people looking for the same information, just click on the [​IMG] button on the bottom right of your original post and then click the [​IMG] button below your message.

4. whiskymac macrumors newbie

Hello Mcscotty

There are 3 or 4 good Apple monthly magazine (iCreate-MacFormat-MacUser-Macworld) that can be obtained from any good newsagent (WHSmith) or large store Asda/Tesco. Have a free peek and choose the one you feel will help you most.

Enjoy your machine.

Mac

:apple:iMac :apple:iPad :apple:iPhone :apple:iPod

5. Mcscotty thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone

I guess what I would really like is a book or magazine that will take me through and explain everything that's already loaded on and what it does. I have seen a few in WHSmith but I've never sure which one to get.