Macbook Pro Return Policy

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by FMtriple, Nov 4, 2007.

1. FMtriple macrumors newbie

I have a SR Macbook that has a red stripe in the middle center of the screen that only shows in black screens and the release latch is starting to chip. Since these issues aren't a problem now, could I wait to return it when the Macbook Pro is upgraded? Will they send me a new one or fix my current one. This is my first mac, so I'm unfamiliar with the return policy. Thanks.

2. Megatron macrumors regular

When did you purchase the MBP?

There is a standard 1 year warranty during which Apple will repair / replace any defective hardware if it is defective.

A red stripe down the middle of the screen doesn't sound good - I'd take it by an apple store and show one of the apple geniuses and see what they say. Generally, the sooner the better for warranty issues.

As far as returning goes, I think it is a 30 day return policy but they will charge you a 15% restocking fee. Some people have had success returning / exchanging macs within the first 14 days without a restocking fee.

3. CalBoy macrumors 604

CalBoy

If your problem is worthy of repair (ie, it isn't a minor cosmetic issue) then Apple will first attempt to repair your notebook in most cases. If they find that a repair or replacement part won't do the trick, you'll most likely get a replacement mbp of the same specs as yours (an old refurbed one or another one that had problems before but has since been repaired). If you continue to have problems, then Apple might send out a new one to you (as in a brand new one of the current models). However, if you're dealing with problems right now in the hopes of a modest update later on, you're doing so for no reason. You'll most likely get another SR mbp of the same specs as your current one (assuming they can't fix your hardware defects).

4. FMtriple thread starter macrumors newbie

The red stripe is faint, but it can be seen. I was just wondering if I reported it before the warranty is up (Jun 5, 08') would I receive an updated MBP. Im sure by then they will have some type of upgrade. So the last ditch effort for Apple would me to send me a new one? I'm sure my screen can just be switched out so I may hold off.

5. sr5878 macrumors 6502a

6. emac82 macrumors 6502

Just because your mac is defective doesn't mean you are entitled to a replacement. They will likely repair your laptop, unless you just bought it under 15 days, then it may be replaced under the DOA Policy.