Macbook Pro Return - Special Situation

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by KLam123, Jan 4, 2014.

1. KLam123 macrumors newbie

Hi Everyone,

I'd be greatly appreciated if anyone of you can help me out or know the answer to this situation. My phone is coincidentaly not working so I can't call them at the moment.

I purchased a macbook pro after Nov 1st at a retail Apple store and I can return it until the Jan 7th, 2014. However, I have exchanged the macbook once due to a overheating problem, and when I was exchanging it, the sales associate used a "gift card" to exchange the macbook for me. My original method of payment is made via credit card. And during the holidays, my parents bought me a macbook air, so now I wish to return the macbook pro since I have a macbook air now.

I am just wondering if I do wish to return the macbook, will I receive a gift card because the sales associate used a gift card to do the exchange for me, or can I receive the full entitlement of the refund through my original payment (credit card)?

I would be very unhappy if I end up getting a gift card.

Thanks in advance.

2. Laco macrumors 6502

I would assume you would get money back. But I have absolutely no idea.

3. Adonys macrumors regular

If you have the original receipt of purchase before the first return take it with you and there shouldn't be a problem getting back refund back to your CC.

4. KLam123 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks everyone!

5. Laco macrumors 6502

Don't worry. Be persistent and you will get your money back.

6. leman macrumors 604

You should just talk to Apple. Usually, they are extremely consumer-friendly in these matters. I have had only very positive experiences with exchanges and returns so far. Like the last time, where I called them to say that I was slightly disappointed by the performance of the Fusion Drive on my new iMac and that I am regretting not having bought an SSD version. I had a brand new SSD-based iMac delivered to me three days later - with no extra fee and no extra credit card charge. The funny bit is that they only picked the old iMac only a week later :D