Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fireman32

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 30, 2010
Raleigh, NC
I have a 2.7 Ghx Intel core i7 with 8gb of ram and my MBP was running great on ML. Since I upgraded to Mavericks my performance has slowed and Safari has not been running well either. I know that the upgrade is supposed to make the computer run faster. Has anyone else has these issues? I welcome any suggestions.

astanuga

macrumors newbie
Oct 29, 2013
Similar issues

I've serious image related issues also, I can't seem to run Photoshop properly at the moment, and everything is running at half the pace it was on ML also. I've got a 2.4 GHz Intel core i5, and it's proving HELL:mad:

crewmeal

macrumors newbie
Sep 5, 2010
Birmingham UK
Yes same here since I set up mavericks my MBP has slowed right down. When I try and play a movie via itunes on to my Samsung Smart TV the picture judders. Scrolling has become a real pain using the wireless mouse. Any suggestions apart from buying a new MBP?

oneduhy

macrumors newbie
May 15, 2010
Sydney, Australia
Cam I join the party

I have a mid 2010 MBP with 8gb running mavericks and it is very sluggish, whereas Word would take the usual microsoft time to load - it now just as likely hangs - something seemingly is grabbing memory and causing freezes, slowness etc.

so if someone out there has some thoughts then maybe all of us could benefit

Thanks

Dave

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.