Macbook Pro Screen Damage

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by w00t951, Jun 22, 2009.

1. w00t951 macrumors 68000

w00t951

My friends and I were sitting around and playing games on my XBOX 360, but then someone wanted to install a program in Windows while I was downloading something in Safari.I told him to wait, but he just went ahead and tried to shut down the computer in the middle of a 4 GB download. I then had to flip the scree halfway over to prevent him from reaching the power button. His w\hand was still under the screen, and while I was pushing down on one sidehe was poulling up on the other. Therefore, my precious computer's screen will not close the same amount on both sides. The left side has a bit of a gap between the body and the lip of the screeen. There is also a bit of discoloration in the screen becasue the back of the unibody screen is pushing down on the LED panel. I was wondering if this damage would be covered under the original product warranty, which is still in effect, or if it is not should I accept the money that my friend is putting up to help pay for the new top half of the computer? I mean, I don't have enough money to pay for the whole thing by myself and he does, so what should I do? Take his money to help pay for the repairs, or just live with the blotch that is now covering half of the screen, or what

2. Lounge Deluxe macrumors regular

Obviously the standard Apple warranty (or any other type of warranty for that matter) does not cover any self-inflicted damage to the MBP, so I'd take your friend up on his offer to pay for those damages.