macbook pro screen doesn`t turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by biohazard6969, Apr 10, 2009.

1. biohazard6969 macrumors 6502a

biohazard6969

hey i have a problem with my macbook pro and am far from an apple store so just wondering if this is some sort of common problem.

i have a macbook pro 15 inch 2.4ghz. its the aluminum one not the new ones. and when i was using it the other day i closed the lid and it never came back on, the screen is black, i`ve done a hard restart by holding the button took out the battery, the computer seems to boot up, yet without the screen on

are there any other troubleshooting methods i should attempt myself before taking it the 300 clicks to an apple store?

2. genmic macrumors regular

I would call Applecare, if you are still phone support eligible, and have them walk you through some troubleshooting steps and then give you a case number. This should expedite things when you get to the Genius bar, as you will already have the issue documented.

3. snowmoon macrumors 6502a

snowmoon

Hit the function key to bring the brightness up to see if it's just turned off.

Shine a light though the apple logo to see if the lcdi s working, but backlight is blown.

External monitor.

I can't think of anything else.