MacBook Pro screen doesn't turn on

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MacDonaldsd, Nov 19, 2008.

1. MacDonaldsd macrumors 65816

MacDonaldsd

I am having a problem with my MacBook Pro and that is that the screen does not turn on. Whats even more strange is that I got access to the MBP using screen sharing and it says the graphics card is a Intel GMA X310, which its not.

The MBP is about a year and a half old, and is running leopard. Any advice ?

2. BigHungry04 macrumors 6502

Take it to an Apple Store or call Apple. Sounds like the graphics card failed.

3. Sound Evolution macrumors 6502

Dear,

The day the new MBP got out I run to all the stores around me to play with this beauty. Weird enough two times it happened to me in the store what you describe. After close the lid the screen didn't turn on anymore. It happend in two different stores.

Good luck!

with kind regards,
    Bas

4. e12a macrumors 68000

e12a

x2 on the GPU going bad. you should be covered.

5. WaltCD macrumors member

Graphics Board Fix

It happened to me, as well, just last week: I booted up my MacBook Pro one day and no display. Using keyboard controls, I could tell it was on and running, but no display.
    I took it to the Apple store that agreed it was the graphics board and offered to fix it, at NO CHARGE to ME, even though I bought the computer three and a half YEARS ago. They told me it would be 3 to 5 days, but they called me back that afternoon (maybe four hours later) and said it was ready.

Oh, and since they can't just change out the graphics card, they change out the whole motherboard (logic board). Even though it's the same speed chips that were in before, same hard drive, all my same info, it seems like the computer is brand-new FAST!

FANtastic customer service!
    Walt D in LV