MacBook Pro Screen Flicker/Stretching? Anyone else?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macnoobblog, Jul 16, 2008.

1. macnoobblog macrumors newbie

It's getting worse! What is it?

I posted a video of it here: http://macnoob.blogspot.com/2008/07/flicker-stretch-thing-is-back.html

This flicker happens out of no where whether the laptop is sitting by itself not being used or even on my lap.

It always starts at the top and sometimes the flicker covers the whole screen.

I'll try to get more video of it, but I can't replicate it, I just have to wait for it to happen.

It's very strange! Has anyone else seen this?!

Computer Info:

MacBook Pro 15 inch
    OS X 10.5.3
    2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
    2GB Ram

2. ryanrul macrumors member

One of the three MBPs i've had replaced had very similar video issues (and they were the same spec computer as yours). I talked to an authorized repair center and they told me that it was definitely a problem with the graphics card. I brought it into Apple along with videos showing the problem and they gave me a new MBP. But i'm constantly worried that my current unit is going to suffer the same fate.

How old is your MBP?

3. macnoobblog thread starter macrumors newbie

Reply...

It's not too old, maybe almost a year at most but I did get Apple Care. I was waiting to take it in till I could either replicate the problem or get a good video of it, which I finally did!

4. SolRayz macrumors 6502a

SolRayz

dude just take it in and have it fixed. Forget about replicating the problem. They took mine and are repairing it without even verifying it with me first. And my mbp was out of warranty with no applecare. We need everyone who is exhibiting this glitch to go in...the more people the better. Although in time I think everyone with 6800gt will be going in eventually.