Macbook pro screen gone "funny"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Gaogier, Mar 31, 2015.

  1. Gaogier macrumors regular

    Aug 19, 2008

    I woke up this morning to find that my mac book pro (mid 2009) screen had broken, with the left hand side slightly not aligned - I thought that the cable could of been damaged.

    I removed the screws on the bottom of my macbook pro, and where the cable is (now on right hand side) - the one with the longer screw, I undone the funny shaped screws and realigned the screen so it is now square, I retightened the screws holding it in place and my macbook pro screen is now working as if new.

    I am wondering that is that cable called so I can replace it if needed? Should i replace the bracket holding everything also?
  2. snaky69 macrumors 603

    Mar 14, 2008
    The cable is called the LVDS. sells it I believe.

Share This Page