Macbook pro screen got dust or whatever behind the glass?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mladenz, Oct 12, 2009.

1. mladenz macrumors regular

Hiya!

Well when i turn my screen off then i get a clearly visible 'thing' on my screen. The reason why i call it a 'thing' is because i have no idea what it is and how it got there...

Can't i be something 'pitched' my screen and the back ledscreen cracked? Because i dont think dust can get behind the glass... both the behind screen and the glass have this "thing". It's luckily not big, maby 2 mm2

I got applecare so i guess apple will fix this for me? right? But it is kinda silly that ill have to lose my macbook for 3 weeks just for that little thing, but ill have to because i can't clean it myself i guess.

I tried taking some pictures but i cant seem to take a good shot, sorry.

So what do you guys/girls think this can be and is there any way me myself can fix this or do i have to take it to apple?

PS: Anyone know if applestores in the Netherlands give replacements? Im taking it to ifactors.

Greets,

Mladen

2. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Welcome to Apple, where build quality goes down and the price goes up!

If you complain a lot, they may expedite it.

3. mladenz thread starter macrumors regular

Jeah, first my imac broke, my iphone s is starting to show cracks on the plastic and now this. Argh!

4. mrsir2009 macrumors 604

mrsir2009

Yeah my iMac doesn't take CDs anymore :mad:

Anyway if your MBP is still under warranty take it into the Apple Store.

5. delude macrumors 6502

Would it be better to take it to a store or to mail it to AppleCare?

I have a collection of specs in the middle, and whilst other people might be able to live with happily I cannot. I just fear that if I was to take it in they would either tell me to live with it or say it's not enough to justify a repair. (I bought AppleCare a few days ago so have another two years coverage)