Macbook Pro screen issue.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by brandnewsteven, Jun 17, 2012.

1. brandnewsteven macrumors newbie

Hi there.

I'm not entirely sure if this is in the appropriate forum, if it isn't - sorry!
    So for the past few weeks I've been having an issue with my Macbook Pro. I bought this computer is January 2009 so it isn't too old. Essentially, my screen will intermittently freeze before quickly 'fading'. I think fading is the best way to describe it but what is happening is the colours seem to be changing. It goes from a white to a blue colour in a matter of seconds.

Everything else seems to be working fine. That is to say, I can experience the screen 'fading' and still type. My music will still play. By the way, I have reset the PRAM. This 'fading' can happen a few times with in a matter of minutes then stop for a few hours. It can stop for days too. Other times it will be constant so it's rather unpredictable. I barely take the laptop anywhere so I haven't banged it on anything so I'm at a loss as to what could have happened.

I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this and can offer any advice? I mean, I could technically get it fixed/pay someone but I will probably just buy a new computer. But ideally I'd like this one to continue working.

I've uploaded a video of this too to give you all a better idea. Sorry for the really long winded post, too.

Thanks in advance!

http://youtu.be/Ywl7qcIgNHQ

Ps. I forgot to mention that tapping it or moving the screen often sorts out the problem but this is only a temporary solution.

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Perhaps its the ribbon cable that attaches the display to the logic board or the display panel itself is starting to go.

Bring it to apple for them to diagnose it, but it may be a pricey repair. They should provide an estimate of the repair so you can get a sense of what it will run you

3. brandnewsteven thread starter macrumors newbie

Ah, thanks. I thought it might have something to do with the wiring. I suppose this is the excuse I need to get a new Macbook Air.

:)