Macbook Pro Screen Looks Weird

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jmpmntwnty3, Oct 9, 2008.

1. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

I finally got my macbook pro back from the shop. The screen's fixed, but I just noticed something weird. When it senses ambient light or whatever and dims, it looks awkward, sort of like a curtain. When I turn the brightness down, it looks like pic #2. The only way to get it to look normal, I have to turn the brightness up (almost) all the way to the top, which is an inconvenience because when I'm not hooked up to a power source, I don't want my brightness that high. Has anyone ever experienced this problem?

Is something loose? Can it be fixed in a few seconds? I really cannot afford to be without my laptop once again.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. mobilehaathi macrumors G3

mobilehaathi

How does it look when you hook it to an external monitor? I'm guessing it might be a screen problem, but I dunno.

3. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

looks like by your sig Apple has already said they will fix it.

4. WilliamG macrumors 604

Looks like a Vaio I returned a while back....

[​IMG]

5. jmpmntwnty3 thread starter macrumors 6502

They did, and now it looks like what I originally posted.

6. richard.mac macrumors 603

richard.mac

^ take it back! happily say no one can surely work on a MacBook with a screen looking like that.

7. nuncupatory macrumors member

Common problem. Read here: http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1627678

BTW, didn't you have to pay $350 to get your logicboard replaced? Apple is apparently giving a refund to people who had to pay for repairs after finally acknowledging a problem with the Nvidia GPUs:
    http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2377

If they don't contact you about the refund within the next few weeks, you might want to give them a call and demand your money for the repair back.

8. jmpmntwnty3 thread starter macrumors 6502

Oh oddly enough it wasn't my logic board but my LCD screen. I attached this thing to an external monitor and the monitor kept saying "no signal" so I originally thought it was the logic board. Apple replaced my screen for free. I'm running on the original logic board that came with my computer.