Macbook Pro Screen misaligned with body?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pedroisnot, Nov 30, 2014.

1. pedroisnot macrumors newbie

I bought my Mac at best buy and returned it for a loose hinge issue, which the employees said was normal and they shouldn't exchange for, but they did anyways. They offered to open the box to make sure everything was okay but I insisted it was fine and declined the offer.

Then when I get home and open her up, I immediately noticed the lid is misaligned. Its not by a lot, but this is my first Mac, and I was amazed at the smoothness of the first one, so I immediately noticed its flaw.

Besbuy said they were not going to exchange again if the hinge was loose. Now my 14 days are up but would they still fix this? It seems its an easy enough fix but I don't want to mess anything up.

2. pedroisnot thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Zerka macrumors member

Personally, I think that's ridiculous. If they sell you a defective laptop, even if it's a slight defect, they should take it back. I'm sure if you take it to the Genius Bar they'll take care of it. Or you can skip that and just take it to a local computer repair shop and have them fix the loose hinge.