MacBook Pro Screen Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by teerexx52, Jun 15, 2011.

1. teerexx52 macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I have a 2 week old MacBook pro 2.3, I7. Every so often when I try to wake it up from sleep I see this scrambled screen. Anyone have any thoughts on this? Should I take it in?

http://flic.kr/p/9TL6vw

2. Kyzelios macrumors 6502

Have you installed all of the latest software updates that are available for your MacBook Pro? To do this, simply click on the Apple menu, click on Software Update, and then install any available updates.

Outside of that, I would recommend taking the computer into a Genius Bar at an Apple Store (if one is available in your area) or visit an Apple Authorized Service Provider. That should definitely not be happening.

3. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Definitely take it in - it's only 2 weeks old.

4. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Yes, seems like the thing to do but I can't reproduce it on demand. Most of the time its fine. I do have the picture though.

5. awer25 macrumors 65816

awer25

Do you have gfxcardstatus? Maybe it's only with one GPU or the other.

6. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Yes, I have it but not using it.

7. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

Mine just started doing that too. Workedngreat for 3 weeks, now every now and again it doesn't want to wake up, then when it does it scrambles for a few seconds then goes away.

Works perfectly otherwise.

8. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

Does it look like mine the picture I posted?

9. Mak47 macrumors 6502a

Yes. Sounds like exactly the same issue. Others have posted about it on the Mac support forums as well. It seems to be a bug affecting how it wakes up from autosleep.

I've never had it happen when I've manually slept the computer or when I closed the lid. It also doesn't happen consistently.

I really don't want to go through the trouble of taking it to the geniuses. It seems to be a software bug that I imagine will get fixed, so I'd hate to have to restore everything etc. My nearest Apple store is an hour away too, so for me at least, the hassle of getting it looked at is far worse than the problem itself.

In the interim I've just disabled autosleep and simply close the lid to sleep it. Haven't seen it again so far. Obviously I'd prefer if everything worked as it should, but I'm sure there will be an update to resolve the issue.

10. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

I agree. I hate to go through the trouble of driving all the way down to our Apple Store. Doubt there is much they would do anyways. I will try disabling auto sleep as well and see what happens. Thanks

11. J. Evins macrumors member

I had the same issue for the first time today. I have the 2.3 and the computer isn't more than two months old.

12. teerexx52 thread starter macrumors 68000

teerexx52

When did it happen? After sleeping the computer?