Macbook Pro Screen Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rvarra, Sep 30, 2011.

1. rvarra macrumors newbie

Today when I got up and turned on my Macbook, the scrren is white with a few lines going thur it from the start. I know the Macbook is runnning / working BC I can still remote into it with GoToMyPC. It all most looks like what a screen would look like if it was broken.

Its about 10 months old now, it I need to bring it to apple would that be covered under the 1 year apple care?

2. simsaladimbamba

Any hardware defect will be covered by Apple within the first year, with the additional Apple Care Protection Plan you get two more years cover for hardware defects.

Btw, did you restart the MBP yet?

3. rvarra thread starter macrumors newbie

Yes, I did try restarting it a few times, it seems like I started having problems about a week ago when I got Tiger from the app store, with it locking up and a message popping up saying I have to restart. And now this with the screen today.

I guess I'm going to have to try and get over to the apple store on lunch today. I never had to bring anything there before, do they fix stuff there or do they send them out. Just woundering how long I will be without it for.

4. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

I'm assuming you mean that you got Lion from the App Store? ;)

As for how long you'll be without it, depends on what they have to fix. I believe they usually do repairs at the store, but that doesn't mean they'll be able to do it while you wait.