Macbook Pro screen problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by beno76, Jun 12, 2010.

1. beno76 macrumors newbie

Hi!

I have a problem with my screen on my macbook pro 15 LED backlight (santa rosa).
    It started one month ago. First the screen went black for a few seconds the the blackouts became longer, but the computer worked normaly. The it jst went black for good. Bt if I let the computer on for a few hours I could see an image for less then a second every now and then. When I push the buttons for the screen brightness I can see very weak changes of greyness-it is still black.
    After I thought it was the display, I ordered a new one, instaled it and the image was back, but only for an hour. After that it again dissapered. I conected my projector onto it to watch a movie, because it was still good for it even without the screen working. The output works fine. After watching a movie I could see the screen coming back and now it is working for half an hour, so I am fast writing this message befor it goes black again.

What could be wrong?

Thanks for any help.

2. l.a.rossmann macrumors 65816

l.a.rossmann

It could be either the inverter board or the I/O board that powers the inverter board at fault.