Macbook Pro Screen Problems (see pic) !

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by NanoMeko, Aug 4, 2009.

1. NanoMeko macrumors member

Hey everyone,

My recently bought (3 months old) unibody macbook pro is showing some weird screen problems.

A weird orangish/red pattern appears when the screen is black or very very dark.. for example when I'm watching a movie full screen or the screen saver is on or just with an image that's totally black!

[​IMG]

I bought this laptop from the apple store online in France and I don't think there is an apple store here I can take it to. Any ideas? or someone experiencing similar problems????

here is another heartbreaking pic in which you can see the weird pattern, the mouse cursor below and the corner of the login box in my screensaver.

[​IMG]

Thanks!

links to the pics

http://imageoverflow.appspot.com/get/5610cfeb0598200dff5b0d3629890b1/untagged.jpg

http://imageoverflow.appspot.com/get/-7e83333a19bba2229cb65c7e89e7d858/untagged.jpg

2. NanoMeko thread starter macrumors member

added the links below to the pics in case they are not shown

3. stainlessliquid macrumors 68000

You should take it back because you also have really bad backlight bleeding at the bottom.

4. Bill Gates macrumors 68020

Bill Gates

The LCD looks to be slightly damaged. Have Apple exchange it since it bothers you. If you don't have an Apple store nearby you'll have to call Apple's customer service line.

5. jjorloff1 macrumors newbie

Dark Red markings in display

Hello,

I have the same issue with my screen. Identical actually. it is only when there appears to be nothing displaying to the screen, so I'm wondering if maybe its something from inside the screen, like a physical marking or something. Especially since our screens have the exact same marks. Does anyone know if this is normal, or if it is a defect, should I get the screen replaced? The markings do not appear at all when anything is being displayed through the screen other than a pitch black screen, and the picture is still great.

Thanks