Macbook pro screen problems..

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by awilson66418, Apr 18, 2011.

1. awilson66418 macrumors newbie

I just recently bought a 2007 macbook pro 2.4ghz.. its a great machine and works great almost all the time..

Every time i turn it off at night and wake up to turn it back on the screen goes to this dark grey color and not the light grey screen with apple logo.. If i wiggle the screen or press on the bottom right corner it sometimes restores the screen but sometimes i have to turn it off and try all over again..

A guy i work with says it is probably my video card/graphics card and apple will replace it if its a Nividia one..

i have no clue i was just wondering if anyone else has this problem and how they fixed it..

Also once i get the screen working it works the rest the day with no problems till i turn it off and it sits overnight..

thanks

2. aimeeinohio macrumors regular

aimeeinohio

Well it's 4 years old, so I would not expect Apple to replace the graphics card or anything else for that matter, unless it has valid apple care on it.

And at 4 yrs old, if it's a cheap fix, I'd fix it. :) I got 6 years out of my last lap top!