Macbook Pro Screen problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pokvarenaploca, Jun 29, 2011.

1. pokvarenaploca macrumors newbie

Hello guys

I have hell of a problem with my fairly new Macbook pro

Model Name: MacBook Pro
    Model Identifier: MacBookPro6,2
    Processor Name: Intel Core i5
    Processor Speed: 2.4 GHz
    Number Of Processors: 1
    Total Number Of Cores: 2
    L2 Cache (per core): 256 KB
    L3 Cache: 3 MB
    Memory: 4 GB
    Processor Interconnect Speed: 4.8 GT/s
    Boot ROM Version: MBP61.0057.B0C
    SMC Version (system): 1.58f16

First problem occurred when I had it only 2 months in my possession, I got Kernel panic error and weird bricks and squares in background.

Went in apple store, and they fixed and told me it is problem with motherboard it got replaced. After few days I got some weird freezes with purple colour and again some bricks and squares. Hard reseted it and all was fine. Month or so passed and this purple colour with bricks and squares where happening very often, and now when I try to hard reset it and on welcome screen I got same stuff, so I turn off mac and after some time all good till the next freeze.

I went again to the apple store, they now replaced HDD, this time repair it was done by the premium reseller Istyle.

Now I'm having same problems with purple screen that freezes and I it not even passed 48h since I got my Mac out of repair.

I wonder what the hell is with my Macbook pro? Is there any way they can replace me and give me a new one. I'm first time apple users and I can say I was excited when I first got it, but now I'm thinking and looking on it like a big pile of junk for which I payed a lot of cash.

Seriously 2 fixes and it is around half of warranty time!!??

2. pokvarenaploca thread starter macrumors newbie

3. Detrius macrumors 68000

I doubt the hard drive was bad. It sounds like you got a bad replacement logic board. Clearly, regardless what the issue is, you should either take it back and get it fixed again, or you should call Apple and complain.

...and people don't come to the forums every day. I look for threads with no responses, and I almost passed over this one because it had a response. You should give people a chance to respond before you bump a thread.

4. pokvarenaploca thread starter macrumors newbie

Tnx on both off your advices, I was a bit freaked out, you know the moment in your life when you need to find out something really, really fast..
    Yeah I will take it to the repair yet again..