MacBook Pro Screen Problems...?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Trialser, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Trialser macrumors member

So I got a very small amount of water on my mac. I let it dry for a few months now. It will still turn on, but the display is very dim and the brightness doesnt brighten it back up. Also the battery wont charge and the light on the charger doesnt light up. What needs to be done? I took it to the apple store and said water and without even looking at it they told me it would be 1250$ to fix. I cant believe its that much, is there any other options? It was 1800 new so Im not spending 1250 to fix it. Pleeeeeease help.

2. Trialser thread starter macrumors member

My Battery Wont Charge!!!

My charging system stopped working on my MacBook Pro, and it is not the power cord because it works on another MBP. After it stopped working I got it to light up in the orange color but it was flickering a little bit and not charging my battery. Then it was just blinking orange for a while, now it just doesnt light up at all. What could the problem be? And is there any other way to charge the battery, maybe a USB or an external charger? Thanks

3. BigD58 macrumors regular

It's a bad battery, the same thing happened on my blackbook. Call apple they will send you a replacement :)

-DK-

4. Trialser thread starter macrumors member

I thought it was too but I tried a different battery that was working in another MBP and it still wouldnt charge. But it charges and works in the other comp... ugh.

5. Trialser thread starter macrumors member

I charged the battery with the other computer and put it in mine and plugged it in. Now it is just a very dim green light, with a very small amount of flickering. It was bright and a little flicker but now just dim. I tried turning in on without the battery in but got nothing. Please help?

6. coledog macrumors 6502a

coledog

Just buy a new power brick off Ebay for $30-40. There may be another way but it'll probably ruin your battery or whole laptop. It'll be more expensive to fix then...

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Well it depends on what kind of MacBook Pro you have... Is it the new or old design? If it's the old you can get a battery charger from FastMac for $80. Of course I'm selling it in the Marketplace for less... 'cause I don't have a classic MBP designed computer anymore.

8. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

9. Trialser thread starter macrumors member

I have the old style Macbook Pro. I know its not the charger that is messed up, Im pretty sure its in the computer. I would like to have something that will keep the computer on when the battery is dead. If I got the charger, it has to be out of the computer to charge, correct? I want to be able to keep the comp on for more then the length of one battery life. If I had 2 batteries, I would still have to shut down to switch out the dead batt for a charged one. Is there a way to do this without using the original power source? Thanks

10. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

No if you had 2 batteries you could just sleep the computer and then wait for the pulsating light. When you swap out the battery and reboot it will restart from hibernation.

11. Trialser thread starter macrumors member

oh I didn't know that. What do you mean by wait for the pulsating light? I just tried it but it just shut off when I took out the battery. How long do you have to wait? Does the screen have to be closed?

12. Trialser thread starter macrumors member

Is My DC Board Dead?

I think my DC board needs to be replaced but I dont want to spend the 250$ untill I know its dead. The charging doesnt work, not the battery or the charger, tested. It went from being dim and not charging to now just no color on the cord. Also I think the left USB port is weak. When I plugged in my external hard drive to it it was super SLOW and wouldnt work right. Does this sound like the DC Board is bad? Thanks

13. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios