MacBook Pro Screen Protection Cloth

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by macbrain2010, Mar 9, 2010.

1. macbrain2010 macrumors newbie

Hi,

Have a nice day, I would like to know how I can protect my macbook pro screen from the keyboard scratches when the lid is closed?

Is there any cloth or other thing available to put in between the keyboard and screen ?

Is there enough space between the keyboard and screen when the lid is closed to accommodate a cloth in between? If not then the cloth itself may add a strain to the screen.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

I've never had my keyboard touch my screen when the lid is closed. No need for a cloth.

3. iLog.Genius macrumors 601

iLog.Genius

If you're that worried, then just get a felt cloth and put it between the screen and the keyboard. As far as I know, if you're not using a keyboard protector, then the keyboard shouldn't even come into contact with the screen. The problems people are having with keyboard and screens is if they're using a Moshi Clearguard or something like that. But even that, it shouldn't scratch the screen, dirt and oil sure but definitely not a scratch.

4. Mebsat macrumors regular

The last generation MBPs (silver keys) would sometimes scratch the screen.
    There was some bezel alignment fracas, if I recall.

The newer ones (glass) should be pretty impervious, however it is handy to have one of those cloths for *cleaning* the screen.

I have one from radtech.us, and it seems to do the trick. It was kind of overpriced, but it is what you're looking for. It's called a ScreenSavr.

5. Alvi macrumors 65816

Alvi

If you don't use one of those rubber protectors the keys shouldn't touch the screen, if they do i think you could talk to apple

6. samuelmacdaddy macrumors member

try the moshi shileld pad, thats what i use on mine, but then im also using the clear guard keyboard cover.

7. linuxcooldude macrumors 68020

I would say you still have clearance between the keyboard & screen, as long as you don't press down on screen too much when its closed.

I actually found a small thin rubber gasket going around the screen, that also might give you a little bit of clearance. I think the main reason is not to have metal to metal contact when you close the screen.