Macbook Pro Screen questions.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bc008, Oct 5, 2007.

1. bc008 macrumors 68000

bc008

well, i just got my refurbished MBP yesterday, and LOVE IT!

the computer itself is in perfect condition, except for this.

the screen looks like it has "dots" all over it for lack of words.
    i will upload pictures if i can get a good enough one.

like its not bad when theres patterns or colors, but when it just white its really kindoff weird.

my question is, is that are all MBP's like this? its my first matte computer, and am used to glossy. Also, if it is a problem would apple fix it? its not that big of a deal, just seeing what it is.

one offsubject question: what color is the keyboard supposed to light up?
    i havnt used it at night yet.

2. polycat33 macrumors 6502

Do you think the dots are pixels? It could be stuck pixels, I guess. How many of these dots are there? Like thousands or just a few? I have a matte MBP and don't have any sort of dots that I see, so I'd say it's not due to the matte screen, it's probably a pixel thing. If there's a ridiculous number of stuck pixels you could talk to apple about getting a different refurb. I don't know what their policy is with dead/stuck pixels with refurbs but I thought refurbs were supposed to be in perfect working condition with possible cosmetic issues.

As for the keyboard backlight, it's just white light though when it shines through the letters on the keys it turns a little grey (mine is actually slightly red tinted).

3. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

its the entire screen.
    it affects all colors, and blurs images just enough to notice.
    ill give apple a call tomorrow, but i dont really want to send it in myself.
    i will probably wait until i go to the apple store around thanksgiving

4. The Flashing Fi macrumors 6502a

Have you tried to clean the screen? It sounds like there is something on it.

5. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

i have rubbed it with my finger, thinking that but nothing.
    ill clean it with iklear in a couple minutes and edit with the results.
    im thinking the whole screen may be "stuck" because although its visible there just dots thrown in there.

turning the brightness up and down kindoff fast helped also.

EDIT:

cleaned it, still didnt help at all :(
    my macbook also has the infamous warping issue also, although im not worried by that becuase it doesnt mean much.
    i guess im going to have to call apple, and have my brother or sister go to Novi for the night :(..

6. mparkes macrumors member

mparkes

I just rcvd a MBP 2.2 refurb yesterday and the screen is perfect as far as I can tell. But I have no experience with glossy screens to compare against. If I get really really close to the screen I can see the pixel matrix of the screen but it isn't a problem. Wh0's the manufacturer of your led display? LG here, week 33. As for the keyboard it looks like a bluish green white light behind the keys to me.

7. R1ch macrumors newbie

I have a glossy display on mine and have the same thing - looks a bit like crystals - just not smooth - difficult to describe. Guess this isn't a glossy only problem.

8. bc008 thread starter macrumors 68000

bc008

yea, im really getting used to it, although next time im at the magnificent mile (a month) ill take it in to apple and compare it next to some macbook pros.

how can i check who made it?

also, my keyboard is more of a white-purple
    while another person said blue
    and another person on youtube said pure white
    looks like they are using a wide range of lights in these keyboards ;)

9. akira2501 macrumors regular

just got mine back from the shop

The keyboard was always a white or a ever so slightly pale blue to white. Now it is a light purple. Kinda hate it, kinda love it. Just very different from what I was used to, but not bad since it is a new keyboard, logic board, hd and cpu. Think they would have just given me a new pc, but whatever.