MacBook Pro screen won't light up

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by seanranson, Feb 11, 2013.

1. seanranson macrumors newbie

Hi There,

New to MacRumours and looking for some advice.

I have a 2008 MacBook pro 13" which I recently dropped. This doesn't appear to have done any damage to the exterior of the MacBook, but now the screen won't display properly.

There is one corner of the screen where it is possible to still see that the machine is booting up correctly and so I don't think the damage extends beyond the screen.

Is this something I can fix or should I look to buy a new laptop? I'm not particularly computer savvy so if it's anything beyond a novice, I won't be able to carry out repairs myself. Anyone know how much it might cost?

Thanks in advance,
    Sean

2. DanielCoffey macrumors 65816

DanielCoffey

Sorry to hear you have a problem. You will get more help with your problem if you post in the MacBOOK Pro forum as this is the Mac Pro desktop forum.

Unless you are capable of doing the repair yourself (and you say you don't feel up to it), I suggest you take your laptop to a Certified Apple repair centre. Avoid the small shops that say "We Repair Macs" as they will be charging you for sending it in somewhere themselves.

You don't have AppleCare on a laptop that old so you will have to ask for a quote from a good Apple repair centre. Make sure they understand it is for a quote only.

3. Brian Y macrumors 68040

Probably going to need a new display. Although there never was a 13" 2008 MacBook Pro - which model do you have?