MacBook Pro Selection

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by santino1903, Jun 14, 2014.

1. santino1903 macrumors newbie

I am considering buying my first Macbook and am unsure what to choose. I have got as far as deciding I want a Pro and I want a small screen (13"). I am thinking about customising it to include 16Gb RAM instead of the standard 8Gb and i7 processor instead of the i5. My question is this - will I see £400 of benefit from the improved RAM and Processor, bearing in mind I want the smaller computer?

Cheers!

2. SandboxGeneral Moderator

SandboxGeneral

Staff Member

You'll notice the difference with the added RAM if you do a lot of intensive multitasking of apps. Such as heavy photo and video production, at the same time especially while also doing other things like web browsing, email and such.

The faster CPU will be noticed in rendering time of long video and audio production or in photo manipulation.

But if you're doing typical stuff, like web browsing, email, YouTube and such, you won't notice the difference so much.

3. capathy21 macrumors 65816

capathy21

As sandbox said, it really depends on what you will be doing on the machine. For average user tasks, the i5 and 8gb of ram is more than enough for several years.