MacBook Pro self-discharges while sleeping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Cubytus, Jul 29, 2013.

1. Cubytus macrumors 65816

Hello here,

I noticed that, unlike earlier when I started to use this Mac, if I leave it sleeping in my bag during half of the day only to wake it up later, the battery only holds a charge of anywhere between 75 and 90%.

Of course, the Console doesn't record anything between the time I put it to sleep and the time it is woken up.

How to correct this bug and revert to the standard behavior, i.e. sleeping soundly until needed, without losing more than 1% every 48 hour?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It is normal for your MacBook Pro to consume about 1% battery capacity for every hour of sleep. If it's consuming more than that, it's possible your MBP isn't staying in sleep mode the whole time.

For sleep issues, you may find some useful ideas here:

3. Cubytus thread starter macrumors 65816

Well, this isn't Mountain Lion, but Snow Leopard. So Power Nap wouldn't apply here. There is no gfxCardstatus as there is no dedicated GPU in the 13". I should have stated that in the first post.

It is hard to tell if the Mac is actually waking from sleep, or just discharging, because nothing is recorded in the Console, unlike when I experimented random wake-ups with my very first MacBook when it was hauled on a bike.

I will have a look into the printers as I am indeed using shared printers.