MacBook Pro Selling Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ccashman92, Mar 5, 2011.

1. ccashman92 macrumors regular

Hey guys. I decided to sell my replacement 2011 MacBook Pro. It is being issued as a replacement of my 2011 MacBook Pro which are having the same graphic card issues as the 2010. I just don't feel like dealing with it.

If I sell this model will the buyer just have no issues setting it up to his existing :apple: account?

Or will it be listed under my name and info?

2. ccashman92 thread starter macrumors regular

3. axu539 macrumors 6502a

Just use the discs that came with it to do a clean install of Snow Leopard. The buyer will just set up from scratch. Why can't you just return it? The machines haven't even been out for 2 weeks, so you're for sure in the return period.

4. datniceguy macrumors member

Should be as simple as a transfer of ownership via Apple's support website. What's the specs? I am absolutely interested!

5. Buck987 macrumors 6502a

Your first two sentences are a little confusing. I am sure that is why no one gave you the rapid response you want.

Of course you can transfer ownership.

6. Miss Terri macrumors 6502

Right. I can't actually tell what you're saying. You have a new 2011 as a replacement for another 2011, which was defective in the same way as was as [a previous?] 2010.

Not sure why the 2010 matters, and it sounds like the 2011 you are selling is non-defective but I can't tell for sure because of the "are having" vs. "is having."

But then, I'm not sure any of that would matter in terms of a new owner setting it up.

Could you clarify?

7. TheFarmer macrumors 6502

Return it. If you're machine is having problems, don't knowingly sell it to others.