Macbook Pro Sensitivity

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by ee99ee, Dec 4, 2009.

1. ee99ee macrumors 6502

ee99ee

I have Macbook Pro 13". I swtich between Mac OS X and Windows 7 about 50/50 depending on my needs. I am a developer, and my .NET projects require Visual Studio so I am in Windows 7 literally about 50% of the time.

When in Mac OS X, both my build-in trackpad and external mouse feel about the same. They are very responsive, but provide for a natural range of motion. Switching between the trackpad and external mouse is no problem.

On Windows, however, the story is much different. The external mouse requires that the mouse speed be set to normal, within the range of where all my other Windows systems have their mouse setting. The trackpad, however, is another setting. I require that the trackpad be set MUCH lower than the external mouse.

If I have the mouse set to a normal sensitivity speed, just putting my finger on the trackpad will cause the cursor to go crazy. The sensitivity of the trackpad is about 100x higher than I would expect, especially when compared to that under Mac OS X.

To resolve this, when using the trackpad I adjust the mouse speed settings to be very low and then make it higher when using the external mouse.

The problem with this is that I switch between trackpad and mouse rather often, depending upon my use of the laptop.

How do I make the trackpad less sensitive under Windows in Bootcamp?

-Chris

2. valvehead macrumors regular

Tell Apple to write a proper driver.

Unfortunately there's nothing you can do about it. Apple's Boot Camp driver support is seriously lacking, and I don't expect that to change when they finally announce "support" for Win7. I gave up on using the trackpad in Windows long time ago. I carry a Logitech VX Nano everywhere I go now.

3. ee99ee thread starter macrumors 6502

ee99ee

That's what I thought. I carry a ghetto Logitech USB mouse everywhere I go

[​IMG]

-Chris