MacBook Pro Setup

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by thunderclap, May 19, 2011.

1. thunderclap macrumors 6502a

I moved away from Mac a while ago, but and considering coming back for video editing purposes. I know Final Cut Studio will run on the MBP systems minus one or two programs due to screen resolution. I assume FCP X will run on the current systems as well.

I already have a desktop so I don't want an iMac or MacPro since I don't have room for it, and no... I won't get rid of my PC desktop. :) That is why I want the MBP. I'm considering the 13" model with the idea I can attached it to my 24" display via the mini to DVI adapter. If I do this am I still limited to the models 1280x800 display, or can I bump it up to 1920x1080 using the external monitor? Also, if I close the laptop for space, can I still use it with a wireless keyboard and mouse, or does it have to remain open to use?

I appreciate any input you might share.

2. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can connect an external monitor with resolution of up to 2560x1600 and run it at its native resolution. This means, you can connect your 1080p external and extend your desktop so you get dual displays, the internal and external. You can also run it in clamshell mode which means the lid will be closed and it's like running a desktop.

3. schizbomb macrumors 6502

It will drive your monitor at 1920x1080 fine.

Also as long as there is an external keyboard and mouse, you can close the lid. In fact, I am doing such thing right now with a bluetooth mouse and trackpad.

4. thunderclap thread starter macrumors 6502a